|I make them too.|
- Wash your hands before you begin working and omit hand lotion.
- Don’t have food or drinks near your workspace. Besides reducing spills this prevents rinsing your brush in your beverage cup.
- Wear magnet-free thin therapeutic-type fingerless gloves.
- Use a permanent ink that isn't absorbed into the surface.
- Use a clean cover paper over areas you aren't working AND be sure that the surface is dry before covering it.
- Locate your water and paint so you don't cross your page with a wet brush. Right side if you're right-handed, left side if you're left-handed.
- Use a scraper and white vinyl eraser when you're done to remove and neaten every spot, smudge and unwanted mark.
Experienced scribes turn these tricks into habits. It's a constant effort. And as long as you're a scribe you'll struggle against the fates and Titivillus to create a perfect page. These habits make all the difference.
Related Prior Post: